Dear Teachers and other School Folks,
If you'd like to offer your students the opportunity to do science fair with other county students, the Independent Qualifer fair is designed for you!
It also offers your students the option to advance to the Santa Cruz County Science Fair.
But we do need your help to inform and inspire students
To qualify to participate, the student (or students in a group project) must:
- Display the IQ Poster on your campus. Some were mailed to your school or Click here to view and print the poster.
- Tell your teachers about this opportunity, and discuss how your school can encourage participation.
- Use your school newsletter to share our information website www.SantaCruzScience.org with students & families.
- Request a 20-30 minute demo & science talk from our team to help inspire your students, and to answer questions. Bilingual presenters available.
- Support your students in coming up with a project and entering it.
- be in 3rd to 12th grade, or if you do not
have an assigned grade, be between the ages of 8 and 18.
- live in Santa Cruz County.
- be able to attend the fair during the project judging hours.
- have your project complete by the IQ fair date.
- not attend a school with its own separate 2020 fair that you could enter.
Santa Cruz County Science Fair rules, as defined by the County Office of Education.
The 2019-2020 fair will be held January 25th, 2020 at the Capitola Mall by the Children's Museum of Discovery.
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Contact us to arrange a class, assembly, or event presentation about science fair or to offer mentoring.
- Considering hosting a local school science fair? Contact us if you want help thinking about it.
Support the IQ fair: